Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cotton & tears....

Today is my favorite kind of day. It's gloomy & grey. Raining off and on. Cold. You can smell Winter trying to peek in acouple weeks early. 

On days like this I love to bake. Muster up a sewing project so I can sit & enjoy the dark dining room. But today I'm enjoying it from my bed. I cracked the blinds just enough to enjoy the clouds, closed enough to keep out light. My husband made me promise this morning that I'd rest. I'd do nothing. Besides driving kiddos to school, and putting a favorite roast recipe in the slow cooker, I've done nothing.

The company of an old dog and my comfort with Mr Darcy & Elizabeth Bennett, my morning has been calm. Quiet. Time to think.

I've pinterested christmas wrapping ideas. Patterns for upcoming ideas I have . I've caught up on my bible study that got lost with vaca last week, and my being sick. 

I've been sick since Halloween. Chronic ear infections that my poor tired Lupey body can't seem to fight off. The antibiotics given to me yesterday made me a loopy sobbing mess last night. I'm reminded that I've taken it before back in April, under hospital care lol. Crying doesn't help ear pain. It didn't helpe sleep. I haven't had much in the last 4 days---that could possibly be aiding the tears too. So today I rest. Cotton in ears, Icey Hot on neck, pills taken. 


No comments:

Post a Comment