Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas!


Its the most wonderful time of the year!
Three more days of school for my sons & then they will be home for three weeks! I'm so looking forward to that, vacation, and all that will bring. I love them being home. (Of course I appreciate them being gone from time to time too). 

There's finally lights on our house, a fresh smelling, beautiful tree in the corner of our living room, and maybe three packages below it. My favorite is my mantel in the dining room glowing with white lights and gold & silver snowmen!


This time of year always makes me sad to think of those less fortunate. Those who haven't family. Those seperated from their loved ones, either by passing away or having gone thru an unwanted divorce. Or our men and women overseas!!  

This year my heart is heavy for a friend of mine celebrating the holidays as a divorcee. She's been thru so much this past year. Her children have had to face the unimaginable and learn to live in a split household. Decisions and new choices have been made that will effect them all, from here forward. But as I tell her, I have hope! Faith!! I truly believe God doesn't hand us more than we can hold! It seems heavy at times, and makes  us sluggish, question, angry, and sad...but we can face it. We are never alone!!! And she isn't!! She is my longest "in contact" friend, we met in Lamaze almost 15 years ago! Love her like a sister, and pray for her daily!

Where are you Christmas?!
With my rambling coming to an end for tonight- I pray everyone has a very Merry Christmas holiday...no matter with who or where you spend it! Remember it doesn't have to have boxes and ribbons or tags....Christmas perhaps is alittle bit more!! Things that cannot be bought at a store!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment