Tuesday, September 25, 2012

play hookie sometimes

So today I kinda played "hookie". My middle son wasnt feeling well, however appears to be fine now, but none the less he needed me to stay home with him. So I called into work. I never call into work. Its kinda odd that I did LOL. I have enjoyed being home getting things cleaned up again. The past 6 weeks I have been sickly, mentally sick...."i dont care mood". My house shows for it. I am a neat, organized person usually. Its funny how we let things go when we are down. Now that I have some good days, I am noticing how dusty mini blinds are. How the floor hasnt been swept or vacuumed to my satisfaction. Ive noticed the fridge is sticky. Today its driving me insane. So I did something about it. I dusted the blinds, and living room. And cleaned off our neglected dining room table. We havent sat and eaten as a family in 5 weeks....that makes me sad.

Despite being "down", our schedule hasnt died at all. We are super busy people, and as much as i like to sleep, there are days i need more hours to just get things done. Mondays are actually one of our least busy days....but tuesday-thursdays we dont really get home to sit until 7:30-8pm. I am so thankful cross country ends in 3 weeks... i know its good for the boys. burns energy. teaches them perseverence. but at the same time being idle  sometimes can be a good thing. Soccer is also in full swing, and that ends in 5 more weeks. Its crazy to think we do these crazy things to ourselves. By not saying no to anything. Giving into extra activites. I struggle with saying no, because i dont want to dissappoint anyone. My oldest son amazed me yesterday when he said he had not signed up for any clubs at school. He is already too busy. WOW. he does not get that from his father or i. If only i had that attitude sometimes.

Too often I think of how even Jesus took time for himself. God had a day of rest too. So playing "hookie" aka rest, is a good thing, a biblical thing.The rest of this week will not be as slow for me, so I needed todays rest to make it! Remember its ok to be down and idle sometimes, you can have a different kind of "productivity". Encouraging others via FB or email....is a great way! We should do these days more often. As I enjoy the rest of my off day, enjoy your tuesday! Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment