Thursday, September 6, 2012

It was good!

Since my last post, I took a much needed, much deserved vacation with my family. My husband and I enjoy taking our boys camping. The boys love it. Love the freedom of wide open spaces to run, and imagine and create games. We had made one rule on this weekend trip, that there would be NO schedules. No Timelines. No hurrying. I needed the rest and relaxation, and my hubby who is often over worked deserved a weekend with no cell phone coverage or laptop :)

We escaped to a special place. A place I have grown up going to with family and church family. I have fond memories of many families camping for Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend. Or our family enjoying a July campout there. We headed up the mountain towards Hume Lake. If youve never been to the Kings Canyon/Sequoia National forest, you must treat yourself to a weekend trip. The lake isnt very big.  But is extremely peaceful. No motorized boats are allowed on the lake. So you hear children laughing. Families and friends enjoying a picnic or volleyball game. Canoes paddling around. I love it!

On this trip we had decided also to find three things we had never seen or done before. I couldnt do any major hiking, thanks to my inflamed lungs, but I could do a casual stroll of a hike. Saturday we went in search of Big Stump....made a wrong turn on the trail and made our way to the Shattered Giant redwood tree. An enormous, fallen tree in the meadow. It was pretty cool to see and walk across. Next we went to find Chicago Stump. This stump was hidden way deep in the bear country part of the forest, About 10 minute trail to see the massive beast. It was recorded being 3200 years old. Such a moment of silence to see something that old in our presence.
And lastly we went up the trail to Panoramic view, 7500 ft up and experienced the scene like birds. The lake was incredible from that difference. It was such a fun and relaxing, laidback weekend. Really need to plan more of these!!

I am speechless and in awe everytime we go to the mountains or the coast. The creativeness and handiwork or God really shines thru up there. Blows me away to think of all the detail He thought up and put into everything.

"...and He saw that it was Good. And it was!"

Praying everyone has a splendid September beginning....Autumn is on its way!


Pinned Image



No comments:

Post a Comment