Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Its the little things.....

First official week back in normal routine....I'm tired but learning to tolerate things :-) besides the job of mom to my three boys and helping my hubby with our church's children's group God Squad.....I also clean for my gramma on Mondays. It's a fast 45 minute clean unless she needs sheets washed....and I get Starbucks money for the week :-) not a bad deal in my book lol. And then I work super part time at my youngest sons school as a noon aid. Not a glamorous well paying job....but it gets me out....and I see the difference I make in these students day.                                                              Last year a 5th grader, Timothy, was Seriously in trouble everyday. Sent home at least once a week for fighting.  We had a chat and from December thru June he improved dramatically. The principal, told me "I don't know what you said....but Wow....he's improved". This year he's back, and it's only been a week, but he's doing well. His mom has thanked me for the influence in their family.                                                       Then there's sweet 2nd grader Sara. She told me about her home life last year. Her parents fight in the parking lot about who is taking her for the weekend. She gets left home alone all the time while her mom parties. Her dad's girlfriends mom watches her alot too. She is always so sad and depressed. Yesterday she started this rumor I was adopting her. Makes me sad to think she doesn't care if she sees her parents again or not: ( so everyday I'm greeted by a hug from her and a smile.                                        There's so many kids with lives like that. So many with no hope for their future because They're told they can't. It's students like them that make me get up and literally drag myself to work. Someday kicking and stomping because it's hot, even hotter on the blacktop. Or I really don't feel good, but I remember How they will look for me as soon as They're dismissed..... It's the little things that make a huge difference.      Praying you all have a fabulous week and even better holiday weekend.


1 comment: