Friday, August 10, 2012

need an answer now...

I lead a Very exciting life.  Well, theres a never a dull moment.  Thats for sure. I have 3 boys. Energetic, Crazy, Intelligent Sons.

This is their last week of summer vacation. They have homework packets they should be doing, and they are very s....l...o....w....l.....y! I try not to constantly ask (nag) them how its coming, that seems to make them mad. But the past 2 days, I havent seen them working on them.

SO. I casually asked Matt, "finish that book?" "YES MOM!" he snapped.
I go ask Brad, "hows that Math packet coming along?" "its coming"....he says glued to a book.
What kind of answers are those? What am I to take from that? I said nothing, and walked away.
To my surprise, they both brought me almost completed packets last night, what a good feeling I can trust that when I tell them to do something, they eventually comply. Just on their timeline.

I guess you can say, we are like that with God sometimes. We ask Him for things, prayers to be answered, etc....and when it doesnt appear to be happening. We get frusterated with Him, or go as far as doubting He is listening.

I think when we read "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and ye shall find" we expect immediate results. I know I do sometimes. Its like "God I prayed. I asked. I thanked you for what I have. I go to church, do good things. Now Answer me!!!" Thats not how God works unfortunately. Imagine if we all got everything we wanted. (remember the movie Bruce Almighty?) Have you ever witnessed a "brat of a child" in the grocery store or Target pitching a fit for something? Sadly I have had a child do this one, or twice....is that how we appear to God? Constantly asking for more when we have been given so much. My family doesnt always have spending money to eat out, we dont do high class vacations....but we are blessed with so much. Are we content? Or still nagging for more?? Just something to think about today.

I want to thank everyone who has popped by and scoped my blog out. I have almost 90 views in the past 2 weeks. And all I do is ramble what I am thinking. LOL. I am either way entertaining. Or ya'll are bored :) Thanks for supporting me in your silent way!!

                                                            Google Image Result for http://krexy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/inspirational-quotes-appreciate2.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Lol Why thank you. This is becoming a crazy rambling hobby. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete