Thursday, August 16, 2012

Be a blessing....not toxic.

                                        


What A wild ride its been this week. In a strange way loops and twists keep us striving to be straight. Keep us leaning on God for instruction. Builds our courage and faith just alittle more. Overall I am thankful for the ride I have been on, It could be alot worse.

With everything thats been going on this week, I have had alot more interaction with my friends. Friends texting me, calling me, emailing, Facebooking....and it makes me so thankful for each and everyone of them. Most of my friends share the same faith i do. We all attend worship together, and see each other on a weekly basis. I have another handful of moms I know thru my sons schools. These moms are also Christian, but attend elsewhere. Sometimes I think they share their faith easier than I do. It puts me to shame. When someone I know needs prayers, I will add them to our prayer list, and we pray for them that evening. Yesterday a school mom called me, because she had heard how my week was going, and Prayed over the phone with me. I will be honest, I was quite takin back. What courage that was on her part. It was a really neat experience, and makes me appriciate our friendship more than ever. Not only did she say she would, SHE DID! I need to learn to share my faith like that. I promise not to pray everytime someone calls me LOL, but if someone is really hurting I need to learn to step up and be bold like that.

Then theres a group of friends who attend no church. They have a small faith, but dont really belong. Now some might call them "worldly", but I dont like to use that term with them. One of my closest and longest friends, is not a christian. She is a good person. A good example. We have a ton in common and get along well. She encourages me, as i encourage and support her. I believe God blessed me with her 13 years ago.

I am reminded by the friends Jesus had that the Bible mentions...Lazarus, Mary, Martha...Peter.  He leaned on them when he was sad, hurting. When He rejoiced, they were there. He went to their home and ate with them.
God knew what He was doing when He installed these special people in our lives. Unfortunately I believe He has another "toxic" group enter our lives also to see if we are strong enough to stand up to them, and be the example.

Toxic. I have had too many from this category. Over the past 6 years, I have become pretty good at removing them. About 2 weeks ago, one of these people contacted me thru facebook. I havent talked to her or seen her in almost 5 years. She messed her own life up by sin, and instead of being honest when confronted. Tried to drag me under the bus with her, and I had done nothing. I wasnt really even sure what she had done. But because of fear of her husband, and Satan helping with the lies....things got outta control. Sadly we went from being super close to not speaking at all. I did message her back on facebook, caught up alittle on life, without giving too much detail. But I wouldnt accept her friend request or her offer to meet for lunch. Because from our msgs I sensed her life hadnt improved. She hadnt changed. Was still blaming others for her decisions. I dont need that in my life.
The Bible says to "strive to be an imitator of Christ." Christ was perfect. We should be striving for Perfection. ITs hard to meet that goal when you allow a decoy from Satan, a toxic person, to enter the scene.

On a side note.....Its funny how relaxing it is to share all on here.  I enjoy this digital journal experience. Someone the other day was like "i logged on and read what you rambled about. It was lengthy". My response..."then quit reading it!" LOL. I am doing this as a healing thing for me, not to please everyone out there. If you enjoy reading and following me, then I appriciate you! Have a great week, I intend too!!!

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment