Monday, August 6, 2012

Put a Smile on your face!

A new post a new monday. I dont know about you but our weekends are packed. My family is sometimes SO chaotic its amazing we find time to sleep and eat. This past week I began a new business venture... Well sorta. I am a very decluttered person. Perhaps alittle OCD at times. I believe if you have something it should have a "home"...a place to where it belongs. And that everything has a purpose. If its not serving its purpose....toss it. With that said, I helped my mom....who is opposite from me, relocate her sewing/craft room to a different room in her house. It was fun. Cleaning out, measuring furniture, moving and moving again....putting things into their home.....I dont know, but I love it! Mom did very well. Was proud of the garbage bag and thrift store bag she created. I took pictures to create a portfolio. i think that would be a dream job :)

As I was sipping my coffee this morning, pondering my thoughts to share....I thought of the verse in Philippians. First I love the book of Philippians. Theres so many "tell it like it is and should be" verses.
"Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation"(phil.2:14) Wow.
It says to do everything...basically with a smile on your face and your mouth shut :) Funny. I can quote this to my three sons for every situation...but when it comes to me....yeah not so much. I thought of this verse specifically because even tho i love cleaning out i dont always do my chores with a smile and happy spirit. When the sinks full of dishes....yeah i complain that "someone didnt rinse their plate".....laundry...."who didnt empty their pockets?" Yard work...."its hot, we should hire someone"....or watching Olympics on our antenna TV "Ugh its skipping again, I want cable!"

The list could continue. I am sure for all of us, even the perkiest PollyAnnas in the world, theres something to cause an attitude. So thats my midyear resolution. A resolution to carry out the rest of my life....To Do Everything Complain and Argumentive FREE!! Imagine if we all had that mindset? All our children lived out that command? What a much better place the world would be, how pleasant folks would be, and a better life all the way around.

I hope your week of chores, and work and chaos is a great one! I pray we learn to change our moods, and be content with our "jobs". Till next time, HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK!!!

Cleaning House! Unclutter : Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment